Friday, August 17, 2012

Cheap & Easy Peanut Butter Cookies

Known as "Depression Cookies" or "Mmmfffgnff Mmm" (according to my children) these cookies need only 3 ingredients and are incredibly easy to make.

✿▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬✿
Cheap & Easy Peanut Butter Cookies
Ingredients
• 1 cup creamy peanut butter
• 3/4 cup granulated sugar*
• 1 egg

Directions
Preheat oven to 350* and move rack to center position. Mix ingredients well and form into 1" balls. Press gently with fork in a criss-cross pattern. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.

Yields approximately 12 cookies.

✿▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬✿







*The original recipe calls for a 1:1 ratio of peanut butter to sugar but I've found it to be a bit too sweet.

2 comments:

  1. This recipe was the first I made after my son was diagnosed with celiac disease. Gluten free and easy, I have even stuck left over nestles morsels on top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great to hear, Maggie! I had no idea it's a gluten-free recipe to boot.

    The chocolate morsels sound amazing... I don't normally keep them in my house (they would get eaten long before being put into cookies) :P

    ReplyDelete